Over the last few years, the nonprofit sector (organizations and foundations) has seen an increased level of interest on the part of elected officials, particularly on the federal level, in public policy and legislative issues impacting the sector. These issues range from the charitable tax deduction, to foundation and donor-advised fund “pay out” to PILOTs or other use taxes at the state or municipal level. This moderated panel discussion will take a look at current issues of importance to the sector and how the sector can educate legislators on the impact.
- Jon Biedermann, Vice President, DonorPerfect
- Suzanne T. Allen, Ph.D., President and CEO of Philanthropy Ohio
- Jeffrey Byrne, Chair, The Giving Institute
- Robert Collier, President & CEO, Michigan Council on Foundations
- Sally Ehrenfried, Senior Manager, Philanthropy and Volunteer Engagement, Blackbaud
Friday, July 14, 2017
11:00am – 12:15 pm EDT