Sponsored by the Council of Alumni Association Executives, this essential report (PDF) combines data every stakeholder involved in raising funds for an educational institution needs with practical advice on how to put the data to use immediately.
Along with research contained in Giving USA’s Annual Report on Philanthropy, this Spotlight examines research and data from three additional sources:
- The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Facts at a Glance report;
- The CASE 2013 Campaign Report; and
- The 2013 Council for Aid to Education’s (CAE) Voluntary Support of Education survey
Inside its pages, you will learn:
- Trends in alumni giving at institutions of higher education as well as precollege schools
- Differences in giving between public and private schools
- Differences in giving between two-year, four-year and research/doctoral schools
- How to increase engagement among both current students and alumni
- Ways that new technology used to track alumni both impacts statistics and helps schools identify opportunities to engage with “lost” alums
- Trends in average gift amounts
- Sources of donations beyond alumni
- Best practices in alumni relations/advancement
- How to develop partnerships between separate alumni relations and development teams to effectively solicit alumni
- How to use research and analytics to maximize alumni giving prospects
- How to incorporate social media with traditional communication methods to maximize opportunities to engage with alumni
The report’s numerous charts, graphs and tables help visualize the data; additionally, insight and practical advice from researchers and experts from The Giving Institute’s member firms help turn the data into action steps.
Spotlight is researched and written at the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy and published by the Giving USA Foundation™.
This spotlight is sponsored by the Council of Alumni Association Executives.